• On Tuesday afternoon, Feb. 18, the SCSO received a State of Tennessee Department of Children’s Services referral concerning a child that had not been seen by certain family members in approximately two months.
• The SCSO and DCS immediately launched an investigation.
• Investigators have determined that the child, Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, was last seen by certain family members near the end of November 2019 and the first of December 2019. Evelyn is a white female with blue eyes. She weighs approximately 28 pounds and is about 24 inches tall.
• Law enforcement agencies are seeking assistance from the community to help locate this child. Her mother, Megan “Maggie” Boswell, has been involved in the investigation along with the father, Ethan Perry, who is active duty in the military, stationed in Louisiana.
• Authorities urge anyone who has any information about Evelyn to contact the SCSO at (423) 279-7330.
• The SCSO is being assisted by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Later Wednesday another press release was issued:
• Updated information was received later Wednesday that placed the case within the criteria required for an Amber Alert to be issued for Evelyn Boswell. An Amber Alert has been issued by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation for Evelyn Boswell.
• Should members of the public have information regarding the whereabouts of Evelyn Boswell or any information about this case, they should call 1-800-TBI-FIND.
• Evelyn’s age was clarifed. She is 15 months old. Earlier information listed her age as 16 months old.