• TUSCULUM COLLEGIATE AND Pro Showcase Baseball Camp, for athletes in the 2020-23 high school graduating classes, will be held Oct. 19-20 on the Greeneville campus. The cost is $175 with a deposit of $50 if received by Oct. 14. Reservations after Oct. 14 are $195 with a $50 deposit. Pre-registration is Saturday, Oct. 19, 8:45-9:45 a.m. at Pioneer Park. For more information, contact Tusculum coach Brandon Steele at (423) 636-7300, ext. 5615 or download the information under the baseball tab at tusculumpioneers.com. For a complete list of NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA and junior-college scouts planning to attend, call the baseball office at (423) 636-7300, ext. 5699.
• DRILL FACTORY WITH SHANE WILLIAMS, for youth of all ages, is offered in one-hour sessions. Prices are: 10 sessions for $300, eight for $250, six for $200, five for $175, four for $135, three for $100, two for $75 and one for $40; one-hour private session $65; and team prices 10 people for $250 or 15 for $365. Call 943-3037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF Johnson City/Washington County Fall Basketball registration runs through October. Age divisions are 7-9 and 10-12; groups determined by player’s age as of Jan. 1, 2020. Fee is $25. Registration forms may be obtained from 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, at the Boys & Girls Club, 2210 W. Market Street, Johnson City. Call (423) 461-4560 or contact Tim Morgan at email@example.com to learn more.
• BLOOMINGDALE OPTIMIST BASKETBALL signups, for ages 3-12, will take place on Saturday, Oct. 26, from 9 a.m.-noon, at Sullivan North. Cost is $20 per child. Visit the Bloomingdale Optimist Basketball Facebook page for more information.
• BALLIN’ IN THE FALL 3-on-3 basketball tournament, for third-graders through senior citizens, will be held Sept. 27-29 at ETSU’s CPA Gymnasium, 1244 Jack Vest Dr, Johnson City. Entry fee is $75 until Sept. 12 and $100 after. To learn more, contact Natasha Miller at (423) 483-1881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or go online at Ballininthefall3on3.godaddysites.com.
• MIDDLE SCHOOL CHRISTMAS BASKETBALL tournament, hosted by the Carter County Sports Hall of Fame, will be held on Dec. 26. The tournament is for grades 6-7 and eighth, boys and girls. For more information or to enter a team, call (423) 470-9248 or email email@example.com.
• QUILLEN 100, a cycling relay and community event hosted by the ETSU Quillen College of Medicine, will be held Saturday, Oct. 19 at Bristol Motor Speedway. The event features a 50-mile competitive relay and a 20-mile noncompetitive relay. Registration is $30 for the 20-mile relay is $30 and $40 for the 50-mile relay. All proceeds from these events will benefit the Tri-Cities American Heart Association. The family-friendly Quillen 100 also includes a festival and health fair from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with health screenings, food trucks, local vendors and a Kid’s Fun Zone. Youth are invited to bring their bicycles and ride around the track for free at 10 a.m. before the relays begin. Admission to the Infield Festival is free. To register for the races and/or the free youth ride, visit facebook.com/TheQuillen100. The event is sponsored by Ballad Health and ETSU Health.
• TRAILBLAZER GOLF SCRAMBLE, benefiting the Daniel Boone golf team, is set for Saturday, Sept. 28 at Graysburg Hills. Sign-in for the four-person, select-shot event is 7:30 a.m., followed by an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $55 per person, and a hot lunch is included. Tee box and greenside sponsor signs are $100 each and banner signs $300 are each. For more information, call Scott Martin at (423) 737-6128.
• 27th CARROLL DALE INVITATIONAL will be held Monday, Sept. 30 at The Virginian in Bristol, Va. Proceeds benefit the Virginia-Wise athletic department. Entry is $250 for an individual or $1,000 for a foursome. Sponsorships are also available. To learn more or to register, contact Sam Wharton at (276) 328-0259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• TUSCULUM HOMECOMING TOURNAMENT will be held Friday, Oct. 4 at Graysburg Hills. The four-person captain’s choice event will begin at 1:30 p.m. with a shotgun start; lunch and registration will begin at 12:30 p.m. The cost is $500 per team or $125 per player; a special rate of $550 features a hole sponsorship. There is a $25 discount on greens fees for all Tusculum alumni and the event is open to the first 80 registered golfers. There will also be a silent auction table. For more information, contact Josh Ealy at (423) 636-7331 or email@example.com.
• ST. JUDE WALK/RUN will take place Saturday, Sept. 14, at The Pinnacle, 308, Bristol West Boulevard, Bristol, Tenn. The event, held during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, raises money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital, where families never receive a bill for anything. The fees for ages 6 and up are $20 for the 5K run and $10 for the walk; ages 5 and younger participate free. Participant may form or join a fundraising team. Learn more online by searching St. Jude walk/run and Tri-Cities.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Sept. 14, beginning at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• APPLE FESTIVAL ROAD RACE 4-mile run/3K walk is set for Saturday, Oct. 5, starting at 8 a.m., at the Unicoi County Family YMCA, 601 Love Street, Erwin. Register in person at the Unicoi YMCA or online at ucfymca.org. Contact race director Frank Cooke at (423) 743-3361 or email@example.com with questions.
• PHIPPS BEND RIVER RUN, a 10-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Oct. 12, beginning at 8 a.m., at Phipps Bend in Surgoinsville. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• LMU SOFTBALL PROSPECT CAMP, for grades 9-12, will be held from noon-4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 2 at Dorothy Neely Field on the Harrogate campus. Fee is $125 and pre-registration is required. Go online at LMURailsplitters.com and click the Softball tab.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Combo League runs Aug. 17-Sept. 28. For more information, email email@example.com.